Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
It could be coming from the shock. Have someone hold it while making the noise. They should be able to feel the vibration.
Tim

·
Registered
353 Posts
Outlook Guy 007 said:
Can anyone help me out / encountered this? What part / parts are likely to make this noise? Sounds like its coming mostly from the right rear and at low speeds when going over bumps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z7wh4hJZPGE4Q7nxy5L1QQ5iRxwnF8v_KA/view?usp=sharing
Hey Outlook Guy 007,

We see you've brought this to the forums, but if you'd like to have this noise taken to your local GM Dealership, we would be happy to have them reach out to you to set up an appointment. Send us a PM with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and preferred GM dealership and we'll have our Canadian Care team share your situation with them (including the video link you've provided).

Let us know if that's something you'd like us to do for you! We'd also be happy to assist with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after a bit of inspection I did decide to take it to the dealer. I was pretty sure it was one of the bushings in the back but most were pretty tough to get at them as a DIY job.

Dealer tried isolating to specific bushings and lubricating but each time they re-assembled the creak came back. In the end they replaced the right upper trailing arm (part 9 in the diagram below which includes a new bushing) from the frame to the knuckle. Swapping out this part also necessitated an alignment. So while I did shell out some significant $$$ (close to $800 including the alignment), the outlook feels like new again and is quiet once more.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get it fixed. Too bad it had to cost that much to do it.
Sometimes peace of mind is expensive.
Tim C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts