Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let us know what kind of average mileage you're getting from your Outlook. Also state your dirving mix (city vs highway) and whether you have FWD or AWD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm getting 17+. Righr now I do mostly commuting back and forth to work. (7 miles each way). On the highway I do much better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why would someone vote N/A?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone (like me) that doesn't have an Outlook but wants to see the poll results but doesn't
want to skew the numbers by selecting an actual value for mpg.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd say that's a good reason.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here. I always put an N/A option on polls for that very reason. I like to make them so that you have to vote to see the results (this helps get some guests to register and start contributing), but it allows non-outlook owners to still cast a vote and see the results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just have 582 miles on our Outlook and it is giving back an average right now of 18.7 in mixed driving. ;D Car is XR FWD.

Updated 09/27/07 - Now have 1552 miles on car and average has gone up to 19.1 in mixed driving......

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have about 2000 miles on our XR. Strictly city driving. According to the DIC we have averaged about 14 MPG. The DIC also shows our average speed as 13 MPH, so that may have something to do with our low MPG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We live out in the country, so anywhere we go is mostly highway miles. We average 19-21 MPG in an XE FWD w/ just over 5000 miles.

We averaged 19 MPG in our 04 Jeep Cherokee V6 before we traded it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took my Outlook XR FWD with just over 3,000 miles on it to the local Saturn dealer today & complained about the low gas mileage (14 city 19 hwy.) and was told that it was within limits and was given a printed bulletin that states I must use only certain gas companies to achieve maximum gas mileage. When I got home I read the bulletin & to me it has to do more with carbon build-up on the intake valves than gas mileage. Plus I am already using one of the gas brands (Shell Oil) and I still don't achieve the EPA advertised gas mileage (which I know I would never get) but somewhere closer would be nice. The bulletin came from this site but I can't find the exact web address. Gk.

http://service.gm.com/index_en-US.html Document ID # 1873989

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you drive entirely in the city? I have about 1000 mules on mine and between city and road get about 19-20...with the breakdown about 2/3 highway ( about 22) and 1/3 city ( about 15)....when your in stop and go the mileage drops like a rock on mine

·
Registered
65 Posts
I reset my DIC when we were freeway driving last night and got 22.3mpg going 70mph. Not bad considering we only have 700 miles on the Outlook so far.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With more than 10,000 miles on our Acadia now, we're still seeing about 24-25mpg avg on the high and around 17.5 mixed driving (80% city). For a vehicle of this size, that's fantastic, IMO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just took a weekend trip. Now with about 1400 miles on the Outlook, we got about 22mpg going 75mph on the highway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
13,301 miles on our Outlook.
I averaged a high of 25 mpg on highway and 16-18 mpg in city driving.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts