Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
2400K on my '07 and I get 13-14 MPG. My mileage sucks but I use the A/C and have a heavy foot. I don't care I still love my outlook. :blob:

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have 3,900 miles on our 2008 Outlook XR AWD 19" Touring wheels and the current MPG is between 18 & 19.
We have about 65% city driving and 35% highway driving.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm up to 4200 and its still about 14 MPG..... ???

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have 9,000 miles on my Outlook and it's between 20 and 22 and a half on the highway, less of course in the city and I have had the tranny update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a brand new 2008 XE AWD. I get 16 around town, but have done three 400-mile trips (nearly all interstate at 75-80), and am getting around 22 mpg. As near as I can tell, you're a little more efficient at 75 than you are 80. I held it to 75 and got 22. Another trip I tried to keep it at 80 and got 20.7. I'm thinking about trying a K&N filter and seeing if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 6200 miles on my 2007 XE FWD. I will preface all my comments with this statement: This is my first SUV/Crossover vehicle. I am absolutely appalled at the horrific MPG performance that i am getting from my Outlook. For crying out loud i feel like i am getting V8 MPG from a V6 engine.

I recently took a trip from SD to LA and back again in the same day. It was mostly freeway miles on the 405, no traffic and entirely in the carpool lane (3 adults with virtually no extra weight). I kept the speed steady between 75 & 80 MPH. I got back home to SD with a 1/4 tank of fuel left. For that last 1/4 tank i drove a mixture of city/highway miles thinking that it would only slightly hurt my LA trip MPG. When i went to Costco to fill up i practically cried when i did the math and discovered that i had only avg'd 19 MPG for the entire tank. UGH! its not that i am annoyed so much about the poor performance but rather that GM states that the fuel performance is 18-24 MPG. Is it even possible to get 24 MPG in this vehicle? Has anyone done any modifications (K&N air filter, etc) and seen an MPG improvement? thanks for any and all advice!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Padre_Fan said:
Is it even possible to get 24 MPG in this vehicle? Has anyone done any modifications (K&N air filter, etc) and seen an MPG improvement? thanks for any and all advice!

10500 miles on my 07. When I do get to drive on the highway I have gotten 25 to 29 mpg. In the city (the highway only stretches 10 miles in town) if it is all street driving I get around 13, if there is some highway involved I get 17. No mods, nothing fancy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has been a real issue I have had, love the car and its almost perfect (Anyone have pickup lag? Oh and the no cabin filter!! :angryfire:) All the other models have cabin filters so we can breath cleaner air, but NOT the outlook!!! Does that make any sense ??? ???
I have a 2007 Oulook XR FWD and no matter what mixed, city or freeway I get about 16.8 miles per gallon according to the internal monitor (even after reseting and testing several times) also I get consistantly around 300 Miles per tank give or take. This is not anywhere close to what was advertised with regard to freeway driving. I have had the transmission software updated 2 times, still has not made a difference.
I am starting to wonder if this is a Southern California quality of Gas thing and maybe the ethenol that is put in. Ethenol is notorious for lower gas milage. It does seem to change the mileage slightly by the type of Gas. We tend to use the Costco gas which who knows where they get it or what is in it?

Anyone else with these issues? Also all the XR's have electric seats on the passenger side (2008 models), we got screwed no passenger electric. :'(

Anyone know if they make an aftermarket cabin filter for the Outlooks??

Cheers!

MK :cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is around 14-sh, even under lately. But it is really short drives 100% city and quite cold weather. I pretty much use the remote start every day(1+ times a day), so no much surprises for the bad mileage. On the highway it does like 18-19 (but car is always fully loaded with passengers (4 kids+4 adults). Best I've seen ever since I own the car (for a trip) is 20-21 MPG.

08 XR AWD - with the "agressive" transmission programming

·
Registered
45 Posts
When not using remote start i average around 18-19 around town (mellow city streets and highway)

Around 22 on trips (with AC/decent load)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Below is a chart I recently updated that compares DIC MPH versus DIC MPG. I wanted to know if my MPG is getting better and it seems so. DIC MPH gives of sense of the type of driving - local, highways, or combination - for that tank of gas.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dai_Shan said:
When not using remote start i average around 18-19 around town (mellow city streets and highway)

Around 22 on trips (with AC/decent load)
What stations are you fueling at. Our 08 XE is only getting 13-15 in the winter with minimal warm up times. I have just chalked it up to all the Ethanol mixed in that is forced upon us in MN. I have been a tad disappointed to say the least. It is MUCH more roomy and a nicer ride then the Mazda 6 we traded and that only got around 18-20 in the winter months and 21-23 in the summer. :puke:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Primarily SA and Holiday stations.

Make sure your tires are full 35-37psi at cold start...i know mine really dropped with the cold weather.

If your doing remote start or warmups it really will throw off your numbers. Plus I have seen MPG is horrible for the first like 15 miles when cold. But I don't drive the outlook a lot and usually on longer rides (30mpg+), annd/or it is in my garage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FWD, mixed city and highway, getting around 22mpg. It's sad because my AWD Ford Freestyle got 25-ish

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
WOW this an old thread but i'm getting killer MPGs lately, like 23 pushing 24 on the HWY, IDK whats going on :confused:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I might have the worst numbers here: 12.5 avg

Im driving my kids to school and back, light foot on an '08 XR. Absolutly apauled about this. I just bought the car but already thinking about selling it only because of the MPG. Can anything be done?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts