Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering a 2008 Outlook XR. I know that they are swapping Diamond Tri-coat for the Platinum Ice.
When will Saturn begin painting with this color? Is it true this will be white on a silver background, as opposed to the Diamond
being white on gold (thus a yellowish tint)? I'd really like to look at some color samples. My local dealer said the price would be $745.00 , but at the Tampa Auto Show last week the Saturn rep said it would probably be offered cheaper than that. I am trying to decide between the Platinum and the Ocean Mist. Is the premium paint any more duable than the standard paint? What color would be easier to keep clean? Any advice here is appreciated 8)

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The "Premium" paint is no more durable than any other color, it's just the look that's premium--and it takes a few extra steps to complete.

And yes, both are still pearl whites, but the Platinum Ice will be whiter with it's silver base vs. the gold base of the White Diamond.

As for availability, it was said from dealer information on another board that the Platinum Ice wouldn't be available/starting production until January.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts