Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Saturn outlook with the upgraded sound system and to be honest, it sucks! I am an ex-car audio installer, and to be honest I shouldv'e used the money for the factory sterio upgrade and got my own aftermarket equipment. A sub should never be in the front of the vehicle, you don't get good separation between mids and highs. Anyways, my question is, does anyone know where the factory amplifieer is so I can tap into the highlevel input so I can run a seperate amp for a new sub enclosure?

·
Registered
60 Posts
For the 2008 Outlook, alldatadiy.com says it under the dash to the left of the steering column. It looks like the body control module and the amplifier are attached back-to-back. The BCM is on the right and the amp is on the left.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like having the sub up front as it doesn't take any space away from the cargo area. Plus the low frequency sounds don't overpower the people sitting in back, especially small children. The front placement follows a home stereo setup.

Thanks for the amp info, I hope it applies to the 2007 model year as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the amp, I appreciate it. The bass is okay, but I preffer a bass you can actually "feel", like your at a concert. I have a kickin system in my F-350 with 2 kids, and I just don't turn it up. I agree about not taking up cargo space though, so I'm going to make an enclosure behind the panel where the jack is. It will be a pain in the but, but it will be perfect for one 10" sub. With a descent powered amp it should be a nice tight bass that you can feel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i already put the sub in the jack storage area. man it sounds great!
do it you wont regret it. i also have a separate contol for the sub, it's
mounted on the center console. had it all done by a local shop for about 1000 bux. again, well worth it! have fun..........Ike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts