Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
09Enclave said:
FWIW: I visit this forum, along with the Acadia forum because your Lambdas have been around the longest, and any issues that may come along, for sure you've come across them. I treat all the Lambdas as the same, regardless of what the outside skin, and interior detailing is. I understand they are the same mechanically, so the important things will be discussed on any of the forums, and will apply to all. I will never feel that my Enclave is anything above an Outlook, Acadia, or Traverse that's just foolishness (some of you paid more for your Outlooks, then my CX $35,840 MSRP Enclave...so it really doesn't matter)....but I chose the Enclave for various reasons, looks, standard features and option packaging, longer warranty, dealer, but I was considering all 3 (Traverse wasn't quite out yet when we were seriously looking, but I kind of considered that as well, just didn't want to wait ;D). Sorry the Outlook isn't being made anymore, and too bad there's not more action on this forum, but I understand there are so fewer owners, just makes sense. What I find facinating is how different the audience is on the 4 forums, in general...for sure there are several, myself included, who are on all 4, but the general tone is a little different on each, which makes them all fun, and unique. I won't try and give my own analysis, but I'm sure you all kind of know, if you've been on the other forums, that each has a little different feel to it.

I hope they continue to keep this forum alive, nice to hear all the experience, good and bad. :cheers:
Well said, agreed :thumb:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm still here, sometimes...

I mostly check the Acadia forum for any problems that may arise, since there are more of them (and more members online). I also check the Saturnfans site, but it's apparent that as the years pass, nobody will remember that Saturn made a full size CUV. Like others have stated, I also intend to drive my Lambda for a long time, so resale value and the fate of Saturn is really irrelevant. I don't buy this kind of vehicle that often; it's going to be my hauler for many years to come (hopefully). I'm also a repeat Saturn customer. Their customer service and loyalty cash are the reason I bought it - I wouldn't have gone to a GMC dealer, so I wouldn't have known about the Lambdas if it wasn't for the Outlook. I still have a sweet spot for Saturn, but I'm thankful for all of the forums. For some reason, I like the look of the Outlook best too. I like the wrap-around rear glass and taillights look - reminds me of an old Oldsmobile wagon.

09Enclave: By the way, the MSRP of my 08 Outlook XE with AWD and the towing package and some of the other upgrade packages was almost the same price as your Enclave. I would have though the Buick would be pricier than that.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's what had drawn us to the OUTLOOK was the wrap around glass and the tail lights, also the Saturn way of business.

·
Registered
80 Posts
cmd146 said:
I'm still here, sometimes...

I mostly check the Acadia forum for any problems that may arise, since there are more of them (and more members online). I also check the Saturnfans site, but it's apparent that as the years pass, nobody will remember that Saturn made a full size CUV. Like others have stated, I also intend to drive my Lambda for a long time, so resale value and the fate of Saturn is really irrelevant. I don't buy this kind of vehicle that often; it's going to be my hauler for many years to come (hopefully). I'm also a repeat Saturn customer. Their customer service and loyalty cash are the reason I bought it - I wouldn't have gone to a GMC dealer, so I wouldn't have known about the Lambdas if it wasn't for the Outlook. I still have a sweet spot for Saturn, but I'm thankful for all of the forums. For some reason, I like the look of the Outlook best too. I like the wrap-around rear glass and taillights look - reminds me of an old Oldsmobile wagon.

09Enclave: By the way, the MSRP of my 08 Outlook XE with AWD and the towing package and some of the other upgrade packages was almost the same price as your Enclave. I would have though the Buick would be pricier than that.
Quick question, does your Outlook XE have the following: Dual exhaust, power liftgate, HID headlights, 6-way power driver/2-way power passenger seats, leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, tri-zone auto climate, universal home remote (homelink), turn signals in the mirrors, auto dimming inside rear view mirror? All that is standard on the base Enclave, and the longer warranty (4 years, 50,000miles), and the quiet tuning, which is more sound deadening.

However, I see you have AWD, that makes yours more expensive, mine is FWD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Enclave sounds like a good deal then, but yes, mine is AWD.

I have the tow package, AWD and one of the other upgrade packages which is essentially the leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, 6-way power driver seat only, front/rear dual manual climate controls and roof rails. Outlook XE had a single exhaust with turn-down tip only (but the extra weight of the second muffler and rectangular exhaust finishers on the XR probably negates the 5 extra Hp anyway). Oh and it has Onstar and XM Radio (but not premium audio) - I don't remember if they were options or standard. Everything else is base equipment. A lot of the other things that you mentioned were options on the Outlook, but I don't have them. $35k was already pretty rich for my blood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
we thought the Outlook was the best looking of the bunch. We also looked at Acadia's since we had a hard time finding an Outlook in the color combo we wanted (Carbon Flash/black interior or Quicksilver/black interior). I wanted the dual exhaust with the chrome tips, and the 19" wheels as well. We didn't even consider the Traverse or Enclave. We will own the Outlook for at least 5 years, so we will see what happens then.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can't Outlook us!

·
Registered
18 Posts
6Sixathome said:
That's what had drawn us to the OUTLOOK was the wrap around glass and the tail lights, also the Saturn way of business.
ABSOLUTLEY............ ;D
I was in the car business for 25+ years,and must say my Outlook is the finest vehicle I've ever owned. :-*
Penske should have taken the ball,and runwith it.Instead,he's buying/bought 3 of Rossmeyer's Harley dealerships.Go figure. :confused:
John

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
jsachs1 said:
ABSOLUTLEY............ ;D
I was in the car business for 25+ years,and must say my Outlook is the finest vehicle I've ever owned. :-*
Penske should have taken the ball,and runwith it.Instead,he's buying/bought 3 of Rossmeyer's Harley dealerships.Go figure. :confused:
John
It would have been nice if he bought it but it would have been in name alone. While he would have continued for a while with GM cars badged as Saturn, he would have been buying from other lines as well. The Saturn uniqueness ended in when they started re-badging other GM cars. I loved the look of my Outlook as I do my Acadia. But that was the problem with Saturn, they looked like everyone else from GM now and they could not make the sales to get new customers. We have our Aura and plan on having it for a while.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
khansen30, Being a mod is there any way to send a pm to all our members to ask them if they would like to post about thier OUTLOOK's?, maybe they would be willing to come back and post things like how the OUTLOOK has been for them, do they still have it, has their dealer closed, that sort of thing. It may be a long shot but it would'nt hurt to get the juices flowing. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
6Sixathome said:
khansen30, Being a mod is there any way to send a pm to all our members to ask them if they would like to post about thier OUTLOOK's?, maybe they would be willing to come back and post things like how the OUTLOOK has been for them, do they still have it, has their dealer closed, that sort of thing. It may be a long shot but it would'nt hurt to get the juices flowing. What do you think?

I can't but I sent a pm to admin to see what might be available. I think it's a good idea.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
khansen30 said:
I can't but I sent a pm to admin to see what might be available. I think it's a good idea.
Any word?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Hey guys, first off, I have no intentions of shutting down this forum as long as Outlook owners still want it. There's still nearly 75,000 outlooks out there that have owners who may have questions about them!

I'll answer the mass PM question here as well, khansen30. I told him in PM that I wasn't sure if there's a way to send mass PMs, but was a mass email option. Turns out, that's not correct. I can do either - so yes, I can send out a mass PM to all members. What is it exactly that you're wanting to ask?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am very happy to here that you will be keeping the site up and running. You are right admin with 75K Outlooks still out there they will be coming to look for answers as the warranties expire. I find any car forum to be invaluable and I read them often to keep up with the issues my vehicles could be having. I want to say thanks to 6sixathome and khanson30 and all other forum members for keeping the info flowing and of course thank Admin for the site.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
theclarkfam, thanks :thumb:.
admin, my idea behind this is to just get some more OUTLOOK forum activity. I wanted to just ask our members how their OUTLOOK's are doing, do they still have them, is your dealer still open, thoughts on Saturn, which vehicle will you get next, have some conversation with some members that possibly have not been on the forum in a while, etc. I know that some/most will not respond but we if get some that forgot about the forum they may have some good info to share. It might be a long shot but it's worth a shot ;). These are great forums and I have pulled tons of info off of the four. Thanks admin :).

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Try to formulate what you'd like to see go out and send me a PM and I'll try to push a mass PM to all members with that info.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
admin said:
Try to formulate what you'd like to see go out and send me a PM and I'll try to push a mass PM to all members with that info.
PM sent :thumb:.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have owned a 2009 Outlook XR two weeks...16,000 miles. Love it so far and am enjoying this forum and wanted to confirm that there are still new, first-time Outlook owners out here and we appreciate forums like this.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
andy2356 said:
Have owned a 2009 Outlook XR two weeks...16,000 miles. Love it so far and am enjoying this forum and wanted to confirm that there are still new, first-time Outlook owners out here and we appreciate forums like this.
andy2356, :welcome:Glad to see that you are enjoying your OUTLOOK :thumb:. Take a minute to fill in your signature with your vehile specifics like color, options ,etc. Thanks for joining the forum and good luck with you OUTLOOK :).

·
Registered
201 Posts
andy2356 said:
Was that 16,000 miles in 2 weeks? WOW, you drive a *LOT*! ;) ;D

21 - 40 of 50 Posts