Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading blogs and comments from other GM vehicle sites, I can't help but wonder what Saturn did to make others hate them, wish they were gone, insult them, and hope that Saturn gets canned?

While the Saturn team has not done the best with advertising, they have designed some great cars that have good resale value (up until the last 2 years models) and have great customer service on the sales floor and the service department.

How quickly others forget that Saturn gave GM the Cobalt, new Malibu & G6, Solstice, and the Acadia - Enclave - Traverse (which I love the new commercial for). Oh and not to forget the factory for the Traverse.

What has Pontiac given in the last few years or for that matter Buick. Their new vehicles are mostly re-badged creations of other styles.

No Saturn has not been the profit force hoped for in the beginning, but that goes back to branding and getting the name our via advertising.

The cars are solid and long lasting and from the views expressed on this forum, fewer problems than the sisters of the Outlook.

It was released yesterday that funding is provided for Saturn through 2012-2013. The higher ups still see something in Saturn that I hope will be pushed to the consumer and acted upon.

We as Saturn owners should take pride in our choice of vehicle(s) and get onto these other forums and stand up for our brand and make Saturn a force to be reckoned with, even if the powers that be won't. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Funding until 2012-2013, that sounds good to me, hopefully longer. Now I wonder if it will be just a few cars or still the whole fleet? I thought that GM had to start axing brands ASAP to stay afloat. Anywho it would be nice to have the Outlook around a few more years. :help:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another article written the next day only reffered to Chevy, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC with Pontiac scaled back (same as we have heard before).. I read this into it; GM is going forward with the above on a regular basis and that is all they are going to talk about when any of the above are mentioned. When Saturn is talked about it is only in regaurds to Saturn. This would kind of confirm what my dealer told me that GM is setting Saturn apart and letting them do their own thing again. The down side is they will loose the Outlook, SKY, possibly the Aura and the VUE (since all of these except the VUE are made in line with their half twins, there is nothing else made on the VUE frame that I know of), basically all of the big ones are gone. They would most likely do hybrids, smaller cars or unique things like in days gone by. This is not bad in that the Saturn dealerships can still service our existing cars and the value probably won't drop as bad as no Saturn at all. I think the OPEL will play a big part here.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Chevy's answer to replace the Vue is the 2010 Equinox...It's awsome. Out of all the Lambda's I still like the Outlook the best. Chevy is going to run with this and the Traverse, so my thought is maybe Buick or GMC will step up their game or go away. In reality GM only needs two crossovers not four, just sad that the Outlook is going. The only other one I thought of buying was the Acadia, but liked the Outlook alot better. I drove an Enclave and was impressed on how quiet it was, I did like that but the outside of was'nt my style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts