Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 outlook. While driving at night the lights on the stereo, driver side window switch lights and some lights on the climate control lights are very dim or not working at all. The lights on the cruse control do not work at all. If you click the dome light on with the push button most of the lights shut off and the dome light will not come on. The dome light will only come on with the turn knob. So turning one of the dome lights on shuts off the lights on the stereo and climate control! :angryfire: I took out the stereo a few days ago to install a subwoofer. I spliced into the rear speakers to hook up the amp. other that that I don't know what I could have done. anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
155 Posts
caston said:
Just bought a 2010 outlook. While driving at night the lights on the stereo, driver side window switch lights and some lights on the climate control lights are very dim or not working at all. The lights on the cruse control do not work at all. If you click the dome light on with the push button most of the lights shut off and the dome light will not come on. The dome light will only come on with the turn knob. So turning one of the dome lights on shuts off the lights on the stereo and climate control! :angryfire: I took out the stereo a few days ago to install a subwoofer. I spliced into the rear speakers to hook up the amp. other that that I don't know what I could have done. anyone have this problem?
If the problem started right after you installed the aftermarket equipment I think you have your smoking gun on the cause.....undoing whatever you did should prove that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got done un hooking everything. I even unhooked the battery for a while. made no difference. I'm not sure if the problem started after I put the subwoofer in or after we had a battery put in it. Its my wifes car and she doesent drive often at night so we just noticed the problem. Could it be a relay?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Im wondering if the Body Control Module was damaged...........

The Body Control Module (BCM) may be damaged if the module is supplied with battery power when the ground path is removed on some vehicles. The negative battery cable should be removed first before removing a BCM ground on 2006-2008 Monte Carlo; 2006-2011 Lucerne, DTS; 2006-2012 Impala; 2007-2009 SRX, Equinox, Torrent; 2007-2010 OUTLOOK; 2007-2012 Enclave, Acadia, Silverado, Sierra, Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL, Escalade; 2008-2010 VUE, H2; 2008-2012 CTS, Express, Savana and Traverse models.

When the BCM is powered up (key in the Accessory or Run position) with the ground ring terminal removed or loose, the BCM will attempt to find a different ground path to the vehicle. This different ground path attempt may cause internal damage to the BCM.

The following systems controlled by the BCM may be inoperative or work intermittently because of an internally damaged BCM caused by a lifted BCM ground:
•Interior lighting (will remain on or will not work)
•Exterior lighting (will remain on or will not work)
•Remote Keyless Entry
•Door locks
•Power windows and mirrors
•Remote vehicle start

Refer to Bulletin #07-08-47-004D for additional information. Models listed in the bulletin and not referenced above have the BCM ground wires going directly from the BCM to the ground ring terminal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. sorry it to so long to reply back. My wifes been in the hospital so I havnt had time. I will try replacing the bcm and see if that fixes it. Is there any way to test the bcm without replacing it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I just now got around to replacing the bcm. It had no effect on the problem though. Is there anything else that controls the interior lights? I noticed there is a small fuse box behind d the glove box with 3 strange looking fuses in it. Does anyone know what these control
?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What part controls the dimming feature for interior lights, other than the dimming knob? Also I pulled out the bcm fuse and turned the car on and I couldn't tell a difference. But the new bcm didn't fix the problem either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts